Presentation in brief
Details about ACN
The owner of the canal, initially called Danube-Black Sea Canal Administration, now entitled Administration of the Navigable Canals, has been the general investor since 1975 and it has provided the acceptance of the prepared technical and economic materials, the quality control of works and their related cost discount.
Finally, between the Danube and the Black Sea has been developed an entire navigable canals system including the main canal which end in Constantza Sea Port and the Northern Branch Poarta Albă-Midia Năvodari, which is linking the main canal with the Midia Port and Taşaul Lake.
The building of the Canal was charged to a specially created company, the Danube-Black Sea Building Department (CCDMN). This company carried out the construction works during 1976-1984 by its own enterprises.
The Northern Branch Poarta Albă-Midia Năvodari was carried out between 1984-1987 by the Hidrotechnical Constructions Enterprise in Constantza. In 1998 Administration of the Navigable Canals becomes National Company.
Working days for the locks :
- Agigea and Cernavodă locks: 24 hours/day
- Ovidiu Lock Monday - Friday : 07:00 - 19:00 ; Saturday : 07:00 - 15:00
- Năvodari Lock Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 16:00
Working days on request, extra payment:
- Ovidiu Lock Saturday : 15:00 - 19:00 , Sunday and holidays 07:00 - 19:00
- Năvodari Lock Monday - Friday: 16:00 - 19:00 ; Saturday, Sunday 08:00 - 19:00 (including holidays)
Notice to Skippers:
notice to skippers available from 10/01/2017
notice to skippers available from 23/02/2017